5 Low-Fat/Low-Calorie Entrées & Side Dishes
- Salads Galore. Salads are a great way to meet your daily recommendation of fruits and vegetables. Excite your taste buds with our 30 Unique Salad Combinations.
- Kebabs. Have fun threading veggies or fruit (with or without meat) on skewers, grill ‘em, then serve over brown rice or quinoa. Kebabs are great for lunch, dinner or even dessert (just drizzle a little white chocolate over grilled fruit). Warm Weather Kabab Recipes
- Broccolini. A cross between broccoli and gai lin (Chinese broccoli), broccolini is sweeter and thinner than regular broccoli. Never tried it? Taste This: Roasted Broccolini w/ Mushrooms in Balsamic Sauce
- Vegetarian Chili. This meatless chili is ready in less than 30 minutes! Try it served over brown rice. A good source of fiber and protein per serving. Recipe: Vegetarian Chili with Spinach
- Veggie Mac & Cheese. Made with whole-wheat pasta and colorful veggies, this Mac & Cheese dish works perfectly as an entrée or side. Kid- and adult-approved! Recipe: Veggie Mac & Cheese Casserole
- Blueberry Popsicles. Three simple ingredients is all it takes to create these delicious and colorful, yet healthy treats. Recipe: Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles
- Fruity Sauce. Ice cream is always a family favorite. Try puréeing your favorite fruits such as pears, peaches, and berries as a topping for your low-fat frozen yogurt. Recipe: Pear Sauce
- Chocolate Mint. In two separate bowls, melt dark chocolate and white chocolate chips. Add 1-2 drops of peppermint extract and stir. Serve with bowls of strawberries, mixed berries, melon or any of your favorite fruits. Have toothpicks on hand so your guests can dig right in!
- Fruit Pies. Enjoy these simple fruit sensations. No need to make pie crust! Recipe: Pocket Fruit Pies
- Frozen Smoothie. Not everyone wants to drink dessert. Try freezing yummy smoothies in small glasses or bowls and serving with frozen whipped topping for an easy, nutritious dessert! Freeze These: Cran-licious Smoothie | Frosty Orangeliciousness
- Blueberries Everywhere! Berries are full of fiber and are a great addition to oatmeal, yogurt, granola, and more! For a filling breakfast, try blueberries in our Purple Party Parfait, Sweet Blueberry Quesadilla, and Blueberry-Pineapple Parfaits.
- Rise & Shine Cobbler. Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring (or in the morning!). Try serving Rise & Shine Cobbler any time of day.
- Omelet. Start everyone’s morning out with a hearty breakfast that will satisfy even the biggest appetite. There are so many veggie combinations to dress your omelet. Experiment! Serve with freshly squeezed juice and toast. Recipes: Tomato and Garlic Omelet | Broccoli Omelet
- Grab & Go Breakfast. Need a quick breakfast for your guests. Try These: Banana Dog | Brown Bag Fruit Mix | Bookworm Apple Bark
- Quiche. Impress your guests with veggie-filled quiches for breakfast. They sound hard, but are very simple. Try our Herbed Spinach Quiche Portobello Caps and dress the table with whole grain muffins and fresh juice for breakfast or brunch.
|Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Your Meals|
|5 Healthy Dishes Kids Will Love|
Video Center: Fruit & Veggie Selection, Storage, Preparation
Ask The Expert about Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking with Your Kids
Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Dried and 100% Juice: It All Matters
Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Database