Salads are the perfect any time of year. They’re packed full of nutrients and don’t leave you feeling heavy. And, with endless combinations to choose from, you can have a different salad every day! Here are 30 unique salad combinations we’ve come up with – one for every day of the month!
- Spinach, sundried tomatoes, grilled chicken, and a garlic-basil vinaigrette.
- Chopped romaine, corn kernels, black beans, salsa, avocado, and crushed tortilla chips.
- Chunk light tuna, chopped apple, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds.
- Bibb lettuce, shelled edamame, red onion, and a cilantro vinaigrette.
- Spinach, sliced strawberries, and slivered almonds with a citrus vinaigrette.
- Kale, orange segments, roasted turkey breast, and walnuts.
- Potato salad made with scallions, chives, and a vinaigrette dressing instead of mayo.
- Cole slaw dressed with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream or mayo.
- Shaved asparagus salad with fresh lemon juice, black pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Chickpeas, kidney beans, and steamed cut green beans in Italian vinaigrette.
- Iceberg wedge salad with a creamy dressing of plain yogurt, salt-free garlic & herb seasoning, and lemon juice.
- Spinach, arugula, sliced roasted beets, grilled chicken, and fresh orange segments.
- Romaine, watercress, hardboiled eggs, tomatoes, low-sodium deli turkey, and avocado.
- Romaine, halved grape tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, olives, and a tzatziki dressing.
- Fresh tomato, mozzarella, and basil drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
- Sliced lean cooked steak, roasted vegetables, spring mix, and grated horseradish to taste.
- Sliced jicama, blueberries, and mangos in a cilantro-lime vinaigrette.
- Bibb lettuce, seared ahi tuna, sesame seeds, diced bell pepper, and sliced radish.
- Spring mix, chopped artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and pesto.
- Chopped spinach, quinoa, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, and hummus.
- Mixed greens, peas, sliced radish, hemp hearts, and lemon juice.
- Apples, grapes, chicken breast, and light mayonnaise or Greek yogurt over greens.
- Grilled sweet potatoes, red onions, and black beans in a hot chili dressing.
- Blanched broccoli, raisins, apples, and walnuts with an apple cider vinaigrette.
- Kale, shelled edamame or cubed tofu, and peanuts in a ginger-soy vinaigrette.
- Boiled and halved new potatoes, canned salmon, dill, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Cooked whole-wheat pasta tossed with ricotta salata, artichoke hearts, and spinach.
- Shaved fennel, minced red onion, and grated parmesan drizzled with lemon juice, orange juice, black pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Grilled hearts of romaine and radicchio leaves topped with a Dijon vinaigrette and assorted vegetables.
- Mixed melons, berries, chopped mint, and honey.
Natalie Menza, MS, RD
Manager of Health and Wellness
Wakefern Food Corporation
Insider’s Viewpoint Archive