5 Healthy Appetizers
- Hummus. A perfect appetizer for Cinco de Mayo or any other get together. Use chick peas, also known as garbanzo beans, or cauliflower for the main ingredient in these hummus recipes. Recipes: Fiesta Hummus | Low Carb Cauliflower Hummus
- Garlic-Lime Peanuts. Whether you’re waiting on burgers from the grill or mingling with cocktails at a garden party, these peanuts are the perfect solution when hunger hits. Who knew garlic and lime could create a delicious, savory snack! Recipe: Garlic-Lime Cocktail Peanuts
- Baked Pizza Potato Wedges. Try this microwave-friendly recipe in place of steak fries. Plain yogurt, fresh chives, turkey pepperoni, and melted cheese will add that pizza flavor to your spuds. Recipe: Quick and Healthy Baked Pizza Potatoes
- Kabobs. An easy appetizer that is fun and always looks amazing! Try different combinations. Serve up an antipasto fruit kababs or veggie kabobs with or without meat, or dessert kabobs with strawberries and pieces of shortcake. Yum!
- Mini-Morsel Sweets. Life’s short, eat dessert first! Pass out sample-sized portions of desserts as appetizers. Everyone will love the idea and your guests won’t fill up before the big meal. Try Fruit Cocktail Crisp or Kiwi-Grape Kebobs on toothpicks.
- Infused Water. Looking to add some flavor to your water? Try infusing it with fresh fruits, veggies, and herbs. Impress your family and friends at your next gathering. There are so many infused water combinations to try! Examples: Lemon Cucumber Mint, Strawberry Basil Cucumber, Blueberry Lemon Lavender, and Mango Pineapple Mint
- Punch. Combine a variety of 100% fruit juices with a diet soda (such as Fresca) and frozen fruit instead of ice.
- Agua Fresca. Otherwise known as “water refreshments” in tropical regions, agua fresca is a refreshing, non-alcoholic, naturally sweet drink. Recipe: Watermelon Agua Fresca
- Cooler. Strawberries + Cranberry Juice + Ginger Ale = A vibrant, bubbly drink for your next gathering, shower or party. Recipe: Strawberry-Cran Cooler
- Green Goddess. Power start your day with a splash of spinach and a zest of citrus. We’re sure Pop-eye approves! Recipe: Citrus Green Juice
|Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Your Meals|
|Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Dishes & Desserts|
|5 Healthy Dishes Kids Will Love|
Video Center: Fruit & Veggie Selection, Storage, Preparation
Ask The Expert about Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking with Your Kids
Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Dried and 100% Juice: It All Matters
Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Database