- Most frozen and canned foods are processed within hours of harvest, so their flavor and nutritional value are preserved. Facts about Canned Foods
- Studies show that recipes prepared with canned foods had similar nutritional values to those prepared with fresh or frozen ingredients.
- Canned foods are “cooked” prior to packaging, so they are recipe-ready.
- Frozen foods also require little preparation—washing and slicing, for instance, is already done. See Frozen Fruit & Veggie Recipes
- Freeze-dried fruit is a tasty and delicious way to eat more fruit because all of the moisture from the original fruit is removed, resulting in a light, crispy texture that’s perfect for snacking. Top 10 Places to Take Freeze-Dried Fruit
Need Some Easy Ideas? Check Out the Chart & Videos Below!
Easy Chart! A Week of Meals with Canned Foods
VIDEOS Recipes Using Canned Fruits & Veggies
Pineapple Jerk Chicken
Tuna Fish Tacos