- Heat the olive oil in a medium Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed soup pot over medium heat. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 minutes until the onions are very soft and translucent. (Be very careful not to burn the onions and garlic, people!! If they start to brown at all, turn down the heat immediately.)
- Add the smoked paprika and cumin and cook for 1 minute to get the spices nice and toasty. Add the chipotle adobo sauce, sweet potato, black beans, tomato puree and broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are beginning to soften.
- Stir in the quinoa and simmer for 15 minutes more until the grains and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the baby kale or spinach and the lime juice and cook just until the greens have wilted. Taste and season with extra salt if necessary.
- Ladle the stew into bowls, garnish with goat cheese, cilantro, and crumbled tortilla chips, and serve piping hot.