10. Fruited Rice Pilaf. Brown rice tossed with sautéed garlic, dried apricots and cranberries, raisins, slivered almonds and more!
9. Substitute for Chocolate. Hold the sprinkles and add some sweet dried apricots! Scoop your favorite low-fat ice cream over a peeled banana and sprinkle with dried apricots.
8. Apricots on a Log? A little twist on the old-time favorite—spread peanut butter in the celery groove and line chopped dried apricots on top. For a crunchier version, use a pretzel rod or apple slices instead of celery.
7. Salad Topper. To add more potassium and vitamin A to your day, toss dried apricots on your favorite low-fat chicken, seafood, or pasta salad.
6. Top Your Bagel. Tired of boring bagels? Mash ripe bananas, spread over a bagel, and top with chopped dried apricots.
5. Pop a Few. Dried apricots are delicious as is! Pack a few for an energizing mid-morning or pre-workout snack!
4. A Tantalizing Trail Mix. Make your own trail mix by combining dried apricots and other dried fruits with your favorite nuts such as almonds, peanuts, pecans and walnuts.
3. Fruit Salad. Rinse and slice fresh grapes and all of your favorite fruits together for a simple treat any time of the day.
2. Dip! Purée crumbled blue cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, dates, dried apricots, and pecans to make a creamy dip that goes great with celery, crackers, on a sandwich, on top of bagels…there are soooo many possibilities!
1. Apricots & Cheese. Cubed cheese, whole wheat crackers, and dried apricot is a snack that appeals to both sweet tooth and salty cravings!