- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add the olive oil and sauté the onions for two minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook another 5-6 minutes. Once they’re even browned, add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to a bowl and use the same pan to fully brown the ground beef. Cooking until there is no pink remaining and the edges begin to crisp.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add the egg noodles and cook according to package directions. Once done, drain and return the pot.
- To make the sauce, add the mushroom mixture back to the skillet with the cooked ground beef. Reduce heat to low. Dust the all-purpose flour over everything and stir it in to make a paste-like texture.
- Stir in the beef broth to deglaze the pan, the add the heavy cream and bring it to a simmer. Cook 1-2 minutes or until it thickens to a gravy consistency.
- Turn off the heat before adding the sour cream (to avoid curdling), dijon mustard, black pepper, and MSG (or salt). Mix well until everything is well combined. Serve over egg noodles and garnish with chopped parsley and smoked paprika (optional).
To store leftovers, store in airtight containers and refrigerate. To reheat, microwave in 30-40 second increments, stirring and repeating, until heated through. Enjoy leftovers within 4 days for best results.