- Pancake Shapes. Using the recipe for Banana-Berry Pancakes, pour batter into metal cookie cutters on a griddle to create fun pancakes the kids will love. Don’t forget to make Sweet Potato Pancakes on Halloween for a special surprise.
- Macaroni Dinners. Every kid loves macaroni noodles, so make something kid- and parent-approved! Recipes: Quick Ground Beef Skillet, Macaroni Chickpea Soup, Carrots w/Tomatoes & Macaroni.
- Taco Bar. Enlist your kids (if age appropriate) to select and prepare different taco toppings. A taco bar will be a huge hit since everyone can make their own. Serve Spanish Cauliflower or Mexican Rice Pilaf on the side.
- Apples. Eat the fall harvest. Apples are fresh and crisp this time of year. For a healthy snack offer Crunchy Apple Treasures, Quick & Easy Microwave Apples, or Bookworm Apple Bark.
- Stuffed Lunch. Break away from the boring sandwich in the lunch box. Surprise your kids with pita pockets. Buy whole-wheat pita bread and make Veggie Stuffed Pitas, Rainbow Veggie Pocket, or West Coast Pita Treat for a tasty lunch.
|Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Your Meals|
|Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Dishes & Desserts|
Video Center: Fruit & Veggie Selection, Storage, Preparation
Ask The Expert about Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking with Your Kids
Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Dried and 100% Juice: It All Matters
Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Database