- Preheat oven to 400° Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Place the bread cubes on one sheet pan and the butternut squash and Brussels sprouts on the other. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over each one and season with salt and pepper. Toss until evenly coated then spread out into a single layer.
- Place each sheet pan in the oven. Bake the bread cubes for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Roast the butternut squash and Brussels sprouts for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cider vinaigrette. In a small saucepan add the apple cider, vinegar, and shallots. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and let cook for 8-10 minutes or until it has reduced to a ½ cup. Remove from the heat and pour into a jar or glass measuring cup. Whisk in the Dijon, maple syrup and olive oil.
- In a large bowl combine the bread, roasted vegetables, apple, kale, pecans, dried cranberries and pepitas. Pour the cider vinaigrette over the salad and gently toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
- For gluten free: Use gluten free bread in place of artisan bread.
- Use broccoli or green beans in place of Brussels sprouts. Use sweet potatoes or carrots in place of butternut squash.
Courtesy of Skogen’s Festival Foods