This colorful pasta salad makes a tasty plant-packed side dish for your dinner table. Sweet and tangy cranberry dressing perfectly complements the orange, creating a delicious compliment to the protein of your choice to make it a full meal!
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, trim top and bottom ends of orange. Stand fruit on one of the cut ends; remove outer peel, following natural curve of fruit to remove bitter white pith. Working over a bowl to catch juices, cut between membranes to release segments; set aside.
- Whisk together cranberry sauce, oil, 2 tbsp orange juice (from segments), vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and chili flakes; toss with pasta.
- Stir in arugula, orange segments, walnuts and dried cranberries.
- If you don’t have a navel orange, use 2 clementine or mandarin oranges.
- Substitute pecans, pumpkin seeds or almonds for walnuts.