Nothing says spring like a delicious salad filled with wonderful vegetables. We all know that it’s important to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. Adding as many different colors to your plate will help you obtain the benefits of many different vitamins and minerals.
Here is a wonderful salad that will add a rainbow of colors to your plate …
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 cups baby spinach, washed
- 1 cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 small orange bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- ½ small red onion
- ¼ cup black olives
- 1/3-cup blue cheese (feta could also be used)
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place sp;inach in a large serving platter or bowl
- Arrange the next seven ingredients in rows over the spinach. A row of beans, a row of peppers, a row of tomatoes, etc.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Great served with whole grain rolls or pita.
Health & Wellness Advisor
Fruit & Vegetable Recipes
Video Center: Selection, Storage, and Preparation of Fruits & Vegetables