To Make the Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a measuring cup and whisk to combine. Alternatively, you make combine in a jar with a sealed lid and shake until fully mixed. Adjust seasoning based on your taste preferences.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with non-stick foil or parchment paper, or spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the diced sweet potatoes in a single layer, then bake for 10-12 minutes. Flip once and remove from oven once edges begin to brown and sweet potatoes are fully cooked.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooling, add the lettuce mix to a large mixing bowl. Add the chickpeas, pomegranate arils, pecans, and dried cherries and mix to combine.
- Drizzle the prepared dressing over the top and toss to combine. Arrange the sliced or diced avocado on top and sprinkle with black pepper. Serve immediately.