- Provide an area where children can feel comfortable creating, making sure all equipment and ingredients are laid out in an organized manner, for easy access.
- Make sure all veggies and fruits are pre-washed.
- Have a scrap bucket or trash can close to make cleaning up a breeze.
- Make this a time to have fun, learn, and explore creativity, no need to be perfect.
- If you are not ready to eat the platter right away, cover in plastic wrap until ready to eat.
- Talk with children about things they learned and what they want to try next time.
Tools & Equipment Needed
- Food-safe board, plate or platter
- Small chef’s knife or paring knife
- Kitchen shears/scissors (optional)
- Cutting board
- Small bowls, jars and cupcake liners
Thanks to Board Mama for the inspiration