5 Healthy Appetizers
- Broccoli Mandarin Orange Salad. Colorful and full of crunch, this salad will please even non-veggie guests. Recipe: Broccoli Mandarin Orange Salad
- Vegetable Party Tray and Dip. The perfect party or picnic pleaser is a tray of fresh, crunchy vegetables and an incredible dip. Recipe: Carrot Tuna Vegetable Dip
- Chips & Salsa. At your next barbeque, get your guests started with chips and fresh salsa verde. Recipe: Salsa Verde
- Mini Fruit Pizza. An English muffin topped with whipped cream cheese serves as the base for the fresh fruit topping. For kids and adults! Recipe: Strawberry Shortcake Fruit Pizza
- Fresh Fruit Cup. Too cool! After removing the sections of the orange, save the remaining orange to use as the bowl. Recipe: Fresh Start Fruit Cups
- Guava Juice. Need an escape to the tropics? Sip on a cool glass of this lovely pink juice. Available at your grocer or try this recipe! Recipe: Guava juice
- 100% Fruit Juice. Nothing could be more refreshing than an ice cold glass of 100% juice. Try orange, apple, cranberry, grape, or mixed varieties to name a few. An 8 oz serving adds to your daily fruit recommendation.
- Lemon Water. Get a hit of vitamin C and potassium (while hydrating!) with ice water and a couple of lemon slices. Sounds refreshing!
- Red, White, & Blue Drink. Freeze berries (blue and red) into 100% purple grape juice or cranberry juice. Once frozen, serve in iced white tea or lemonade. What a fun and refreshing way to add fruit intake to your party menu.
- Sweet Lassi. No, we’re not referring to the famous fido. A lassi is a traditional yogurt-based Indian drink flavored with spices. We have a sweet recipe that replaces the spices with fruit. Recipe: Indian Mango Lassi
|Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Your Meals|
|Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Dishes & Desserts|
|5 Healthy Dishes Kids Will Love|
Video Center: Fruit & Veggie Selection, Storage, Preparation
Ask The Expert about Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking with Your Kids
Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Dried and 100% Juice: It All Matters
Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Database