5 Healthy Appetizers
- Salsa. Salsa goes with everything – eggs, crackers, vegetables, and more. Try serving Casaba Melon & Cucumber Salsa at your next get together.
- Farmers Market Gazpacho. A versatile, yummy soup that will compliment any meal. Recipe: Farmers Market Gazpacho
- Broiled Tomatoes & Cheese. Feature juicy summer tomatoes at your next party by serving this dish. Recipe: Broiled Tomatoes & Cheese
- Fruit Soup. A twist on soups. This refreshing dish is a good start to any meal and your guests will be begging for the recipe. Recipe: Fruit Soup
- Cucumber Yogurt Dip. Enjoy the cool, invigorating taste of cucumber mixed with creamy yogurt as an appetizing dip for vegetables or crackers. Recipe: Cucumber Yogurt Dip
- Rise & Shine Cobbler. Whoever said dessert is not for breakfast? This luscious cobbler will start your morning off right! Recipe: Rise & Shine Cobbler
- Super Yogurt. Goes together in a snap and will keep you satisfied for a long time. Recipe: Super Yogurt
- Oatmeal. Having a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast is a great start for the day! Top with different berries, nuts or dried fruit to increase the amount of nutrients your body will get. Recipe: Banana Split Oatmeal | Heartwarming Oatmeal w/Fruit & Nuts
- Smoothies. Start every morning off right even if you are short on time. Set up a smoothie bar with different yogurts, fruits, and vegetables for guests, or whip up an easy Banana Raspberry Smoothie to enjoy.
- Toast. Topping 100% whole-wheat bread with different fruits creates a filling breakfast everyone will like. Try using a light cream cheese spread and top with fresh sliced nectarines or strawberries. Or, use a low-fat peanut butter and add sliced bananas or blueberries.
- Berry Basket. Invite a friend to join you at a ‘you-pick’ berry farm and then make jam together, or give a loved one a basket of berries you picked for them to indulge in.
- Salsa. Fresh salsas are easy to create and they make great gifts. Maybe even try canning so friends can enjoy your salsa throughout the year. Recipe: Peachy Chipotle Salsa | Kiwifruit & Mango Salsa.
- Dried Fruit. Make your own dried fruit to share with friends. If you don’t have a dehydrator, some fruits can be dried in the sun or in an oven. Visit National Center for Home Food Preservation to learn more.
- Garden Baskets. Share the bounty of your garden with friends and family. Either bring a basket of produce as a gift or extend an invitation to come pick at your house.
- Infused Water. Bring water infused with different citrus fruits, berries or cucumbers to share at your next gathering. The refreshing taste will make you the hit of the party.
|Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Your Meals|
|Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Dishes & Desserts|
|5 Healthy Dishes Kids Will Love|
Video Center: Fruit & Veggie Selection, Storage, Preparation
Ask The Expert about Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking with Your Kids
Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Dried and 100% Juice: It All Matters
Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Database