My Nutrition from the Ground Up favorites are: almonds, artichokes, grapefruit and olive oil. Enjoy your favorites this month, but also branch out to taste an exotic fruit or veggie – you may find a new much-loved flavor!
Enjoy this hearty pasta dish, packed with flavorful veggies and garbanzo beans…
Pasta with Garbanzo Beans & Spinach
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Amount: 4 servings
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package wild harvest™ Organic Spaghetti or whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons wild harvest™ Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can wild harvest™ Organic Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can wild harvest™ Organic Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups wild harvest™ Organic Fresh Spinach Leaves
- fresh grated Asiago cheese (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté until onions are softened (about 3-5 minutes).
- Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper flakes. Salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in pasta and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving:
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Dietary Fiber: 5g