- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add blend rice and salt, reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 45 minutes until rice is tender. Fluff rice, add 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro or parsley. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan. Sauté corn and black beans together, heating to 165 degrees. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in sauté pan. Lightly toss diced chicken and ground cumin, heating to 165 degrees. Keep chicken warm and assemble bowls.
- Assemble bowls by dividing rice into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 3 oz chicken, ½ cup corn-black bean mixture, ¼ cup diced red pepper, and 2 tbsp diced tomato. Drizzle with chipotle ranch dressing. Garnish with remaining cilantro or parsley. Enjoy.
- For a vegan bowl, substitute tofu for chicken.
- Use leftover rice, cooked grains (farro, barley or wheat berries for example) or quinoa instead of rice blend.
- Add other vegetables (summer squash, edamame, etc. as available or desired.
Developed together with Jeanne Reilly, NDTR, SNS