Serve this appetizer to anyone who’s ever asked, “Can you eat sweet potato skins?” It’s delicious proof that loaded sweet potato skins are a “homegating” MVP.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To roast the sweet potatoes, brush sweet potatoes lightly with butter on skins and split halves. Arrange potatoes and poblano pepper halves on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through yet still slightly firm, and skins are slightly withered and golden.
- Remove from oven and allow potatoes to cool for 10 minutes.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, lightly score the flesh with a paring knife to create a grid pattern. Gently scoop potato flesh into a large bowl, careful to leave potato skins intact. Place skins, hollowed side up, back on baking sheet.
- Dice poblano peppers and add to bowl with potatoes. Add black beans, cumin, chili powder, a ¼ cup of the cheese and salt and toss gently to combine.
- To stuff the potato skins, divide mixture evenly between potatoes skins, top with the remaining ¾ cup of cheese.
- Switch oven to broil and place baking sheet back in the oven. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- To make the sauce, combine Greek yogurt, chipotle hot sauce, lime juice and salt in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Remove potato skins from oven and top with cilantro, onion, diced avocado and yogurt sauce. Serve immediately.