- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 2 (9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray.
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice. Divide crushed pineapple in half; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions replacing amount of water called for with reserved juice and add coconut extract; beat 2 minutes. Fold in half crushed pineapple into cake batter.
- Pour cake mix into prepared cake pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Stir together pudding and cold milk until smooth, about 2 minutes; fold in whipped topping. Combine remaining pineapple with 1-½ cups of frosting. Place one cake layer onto plate, spread pineapple frosting over top. Place second cake over top. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining pudding frosting. Garnish with coconut; refrigerate 1 hour before serving.