Fire up your grill and enjoy these elevated pizzettes. The sweet pears, salty cheese and fresh veggies all work together in a delicious pairing.
- 30 to 45 minutes prior to beginning: Remove pizza dough from fridge. Place on lightly floured work surface, cut into quarters; shape each quarter into a rough ball and let set to come to room temp.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and fennel to skillet; cook, stirring intermittently, until onion is translucent and slightly golden; about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add radicchio, salt and sugar to onion mixture; stir well to combine, cooking for another 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Beginning shaping pizzettes: Working one quarter of dough at a time, pinch dough into a flat circle/ round shape using tips of fingers, rotating dough as you work and allowing opposite end of where you are holding dough to hang down (letting gravity assist you in creating shape). Continue pinching and rotating dough until it stretches to an approximate 7-inch round. (Place round over a closed fist, using other hand to pull edges and shape to help thin center of dough, if needed.)
- Once each quarter of dough is shaped to size, spray large rectangular cast iron grill generously with canola oil spray and heat grill on stovetop over medium high heat.
- Working with two pizzettes at a time, brush tops lightly with canola oil and place each on grill, oilside down; then brush up-facing sides with canola oil. Cook until bottoms begin to brown, about 4 to 6 minutes; then turn over.
- Then dot each pizzette with ¼ portion of the bleu cheese; top with approximately 1 ½ cups of onion mixture; then arrange 6 to 8 slices of pear on top of onion mixture.
- Continue cooking pizzettes, until cheese softens (it will continue to melt once pulled off heat); for approximately another 3 to 5 minutes; then transfer to serving platter.
- Prep and cook 2 remaining pizzettes in same fashion. When done, transfer final 2 pizzettes to serving platter; season each pizzette with freshly ground pepper and top each with approximately ½ cup fresh arugula. Serve immediately.