Lemon, garlic and pasta is always a good idea. Toss in some shrimp, and this dinner idea will become a weeknight staple.
- Cook the pasta in heavily salted water according to the package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of salted pasta water before draining.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a skillet with olive oil. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Let cook for 2 minutes, then flip the shrimp over. Let cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. The shrimp are done when they turn form grey to opaque white and pink. Remove from the pan with tongs or a slotted spoon and set aside so they don’t over cook.
- Add the shallots to the pan with the remaining olive oil and sauté until translucent.
- Next, add the garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant; about 1 minute.
- Then add the white wine or broth. Bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half.
- Stir in the remaining butter, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add the shrimp and pasta to the skillet and toss until glossy with sauce.
- Add about ¼ cup of reserved pasta water to loosen up the sauce, if needed.
- Finish with parsley, flaky salt, black pepper and red chili flakes, if desired.