If you aren’t familiar with the hasselback technique, you’ve got to try it!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a cast iron skillet or 8×8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice the pears in half from top to bottom. Remove the core. Place the pears cut-side down on a cutting board. Slice through the pears at ¼ inch intervals, stopping just before reaching the bottom, leaving the slices connected to each other.
- Prepare the remaining pear ingredients: Stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add the pears to the prepared dish or skillet. Brush the pears with the brown sugar butter mixture, making sure to get some between the slices.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the pears are baking, make the oat topping. Stir together the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and oats until well blended.
- Remove the pears from the oven then spoon the streusel mixture onto the tops of each pear, working some between the slices. Return to the oven, uncovered, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove pears from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving with ice cream or whipped cream.