1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Rub the peppers with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and roast them in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the skins start to fall off. Place the peppers in a bowl, cover with a piece of plastic wrap, and allow them to steam for 5 minutes.
3. Peel the skin from the peppers and remove the stems and seeds. Slice the peppers into thin strips.
4. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until lightly caramelized, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
5. Add the capers, vinegar, cumin, red pepper flakes, and coriander. Season with about ¼ teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper. Add the onion mixture to the peppers and keep warm.
6. Preheat a grill to medium-high. Cut the halibut into eight 6-ounce portions and season with salt and pepper. Grill the halibut until just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve each portion with ¼ cup of the roasted pepper salad.
Recipe developed by The Culinary Institute of America