- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and garlic over medium heat in large saute pan. Cook until soft, but not browned.
- Add peas and carrots. Cook gently until the vegetables are heated through.
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth and cornstarch, mix well.
- Add to pan with vegetables and bring to a boil. Simmer gently for 1 minute.
- Add parsley, pasta, lemon zest, and pepper. Toss gently and cook until the pasta is hot.
Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.