- Drain bean salad, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid.
- Combine bean salad, celery, onion, and bell pepper in large bowl; set aside.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together reserved liquid, mayonnaise and buttermilk in small bowl until well blended. Stir in chives, parsley and dill; season with black pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Cut and remove ¼-inch slice from top of tomatoes. Remove seeds and hollow out tomatoes leaving ¼-inch shell. Invert onto paper-towel-lined plate to drain completely.
- Pour dressing over bean salad mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Store tomato shells and bean salad separately up to 4 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, stir Bean Salad to coat with dressing. Divide bean salad mixture equally between tomato shells.
Recipe courtesy of Seneca