July 13, 2022 – The Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) is setting its sights on September to commemorate its fourth annual National Fruits & Veggies Month (NFVM) celebration. Launched alongside the Have A Plant® Movement in 2019 as an opportunity to elevate fruit and vegetable consumption to a national priority, the annual month-long celebration has reached more than 100 million impressions collectively since its inception. To keep the momentum going, PBH is thrilled to unveil the 2022 National Fruits & Veggies Month Toolkit for plant-passionate pros, so all can take part in the celebration of everyone’s favorite and flavorful plants – fruits and veggies!
The 2022 National Fruits & Veggies Month Theme is “Celebrating The Roots Of Our Food.” Fruits and vegetables are the “root” of our health and well-being. Fruits and vegetables also serve as a deeply-rooted connection point with consumers – whether that is connecting with the farmers and growers who care for our food from the ground up or using food to connect with our loved ones. National Fruits & Veggies Month is a time celebrate all the goodness that fruits and veggies bring to our tables, our minds, our souls as well as our health and happiness.
“September is a pivotal moment to both showcase the benefits of eating more fruits and vegetables and celebrate all of the hard-working individuals across the supply chain who work tirelessly to deliver America’s favorite and flavorful plants to our stores, our restaurants and our tables,” said Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, MS, RDN, PBH President and CEO. “The 2022 National Fruits & Veggies Month Toolkit makes it easy for everyone to join PBH in “Celebrating The Roots Of Our Food,” with turnkey resources, compelling social content, visually appealing creative assets, sample communications tools and more. Let’s take the Have A Plant® Movement to the masses and inspire millions of Americans to eat more fruits and veggies for healthier, happier lives.”
This September, PBH will also release new consumer research, that unveils specific fruit and vegetable hacks, as well as consumption barriers and insights that can lead to lifelong habits. Rooted in behavioral science, the PBH team has taken insights from this research to create promotional content and activation ideas that can help unify messaging and prompt new and creative ways to communicate about fruits and vegetables with consumers.
Here’s an overview of what to expect in the 2022 National Fruits & Veggies Month Toolkit:
- Simple ways to get involved, i.e., schedule at least one social media post on your company or personal social media channels that talks about fruits and/or veggies. Use the hashtags #haveaplant and #NFVM2022 to elevate and integrate your content into the broader conversation;
- Leverage one of the four content themes, laddering up to “Celebrating The Roots Of Our Food” that also stem from the consumer research study, i.e., making it easy; back to basics; fruit & veggie hacks; and fruit & veggie care;
- Segmented easy and fun activations, promotional ideas and opportunities for suppliers, retailers, community leaders, health and wellness professionals as well as lifestyle/nutrition/agriculture and culinary/foodservice influencers;
- Expertly-curated social media posts and images for industry, influencers and consumers to post and share on their social media channels;
- New and engaging social media tiles and GIFS for people to engage with followers and create user-generated content, i.e., Every time you eat #haveaplant; Every time you order #haveaplant; Every time you taco #haveaplant. Go to the “Get The Creative” tab to grab your GIF of choice!
- Sample press release for collaborators to show their leadership and express their support for National Fruits & Veggies Month to help consumers eat and enjoy more fruits and vegetables more often; and
- Turn-key editorial copy for use in newsletters, websites and other internal and external communications to seamlessly share the fruit and veggie love.
“This September, we ask that everyone across the industry share at least one social media post or include content in a consumer-facing communication or newsletter about National Fruits & Veggies Month,” said Katie Calligaro, PBH Marketing & Communications Director. “We created the new toolkit in the spirit of keeping it simple and easy. We recognize the value of turn-key resources to aid in planning for National Fruits & Veggies Month as well as showing support for PBH. This toolkit provides industry with the opportunity to rally around fruit and vegetable consumption as well as drive momentum for the award-winning Have A Plant® Movement. We hope you will join us!”
PBH’s National Fruits & Veggies Month Toolkit is available FREE for download HERE.
For more information about how to get involved in National Fruits & Veggies Month, and how to customize your integrated September marketing plans with PBH, contact Katie Calligaro, PBH Marketing & Communications Director.