Now that December has arrived, so has the holiday party season! Here’s some inspiration (with recipe links!) for all the delicious plant-packed dishes your guests will love.
- This Cranberry avocado dip takes a classic and adds a holiday twist.
- Bean dips offer so many possibilities! Using a base of white beans or chickpeas, the flavor options are endless: roasted red pepper, spinach and feta, or a bright beet hummus. Plus, beans are already an incredibly nutritious food.
- Offer veggies and whole-grain crackers along with one of these dips.
- These crustless mini-holiday quiches make a great protein-packed appetizer.
- Mashed potatoes are must, so why not kick up the nutrient variety with this potato-cauliflower mash?
- Highlight delicious winter fruits and vegetables with this mandarin kale salad.
- Add some fruit and vibrance to another traditional dish: stuffing. This recipe uses apples and cranberries.
- Slow down with this slow cooker holiday sangria.
- Help out your digestive system with a Christmas cranberry sour.
- Get some antioxidants from strawberries and pomegranate seeds with this non-alcoholic holiday rose.
- Make a healthier alternative to apple pie with whole grain oats instead of refined flour, such as this apple crisp, or baked apples with a crisp-filled center.
- Use canned pumpkin or squash to make a nutritious quick bread, pie, cookies, bars, etc.
- Offer natural sweetness with date & nut truffles that can have additional chocolate, dried fruit, or flavor extracts to create variety. Or, try using frozen fruit, like in these blueberry energy balls.