Can you imagine a more beautiful appetizer for your next gathering? And so easy to make!
- Strain one can of chickpeas and set aside.
- Combine half of the first can of drained chickpeas with the whole second can, and warm in their liquid in a small saucepan. Once they come to a gentle simmer, strain out the chickpea juice and blend in a food processor while still warm into a fine purée.
- Add in the beets and continue to blend until smooth.
- Next, add the tahini, followed by the garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Pulse again until combined. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Serve garnished with the rest of the chickpeas, a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of cumin if desired.