- Microwave Apples. Round up the kids to help with our Quick & Easy Microwave Apples! Have each child fill her/his own apple with the delicious raisin and spice mixture. Don’t forget to let them cool before serving!
- Peanut Butter Dip. Our Fruity Peanut Butter Dip is a quick and easy recipe that can be made ahead of time. Paired with fresh fruit, carrots, celery or crackers, this dip makes a delicious after-school snack.
- Apple Bark. This treat is brain food at its best. Once the apples have been sliced have kids assemble their own apple bark. Recipe: Bookwork Apple Bark
- Homemade Fruit Leather. Peel and pit peaches (or a fruit of your choice) then purée in a blender. Pour the purée onto wax paper-lined cookie sheets and dry in a dehydrator or in the oven at a very low temperature. Letting this cook overnight will give you a warm, welcoming treat in the morning!
- Colorful Mac & Cheese. Who doesn’t love mac & cheese? Add some color and nutrition by tossing in some broccoli, tomatoes, asparagus, and any of your favorite vegetables. Remember to use whole wheat pasta and low-fat versions of cheese and milk! Try our kid-approved Crazy Curly Broccoli Bake.
|Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Your Meals|
|Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Dishes & Desserts|
Video Center: Fruit & Veggie Selection, Storage, Preparation
Ask The Expert about Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking with Your Kids
Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Dried and 100% Juice: It All Matters
Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Database