- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- Prepare pesto by pulsing together basil, garlic and pistachios in a food processor until mixture is finely chopped and well combined. Slowly pour in olive oil while pulsing to combine. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. On unbuttered side of one bread slice, spread prepared pistachio pesto and top with fresh mozzarella, sliced strawberries and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Top with second slice of buttered bread.
- Transfer sandwich to a sauté pan set over medium to medium-high heat. Cover and cook until bread begins to brown.
- Flip, cover and continue cooking until bottom bread slice turns golden brown.
- Remove from pan, cut in half and serve.
Big Y’s recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightback.org!