- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a large, rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Trim the ends off of the sweet potatoes and cut each potato into cubes or chunks that are similar in size to ensure even baking.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Add the orange zest, orange juice, olive oil, thyme, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon of the salt and the black pepper. Stir to coat the potatoes well.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to the baking sheet, leaving behind and discarding any excess juice. Spread the potatoes in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir the potatoes. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are browned and reach your desired tenderness.
- Sprinkle with the remaining salt to taste. Serve warm.