- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over medium heat.
- Add spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil and garlic in large sauce pan. Cook until garlic is soft, but not browned (approximately 30 seconds).
- Add mixed vegetables and cook until vegetables are soft, but not browned (approximately 3 to 5 minutes).
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato juice and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spaghetti and Parmesan cheese. Toss until the pasta is hot and well mixed.
Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.