- In a container, combine all carne asada ingredients and allow to marinate overnight.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and wipe any ingredients off of the meat.
- Season the meat well on both sides with salt and pepper and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron pan on the stove or grill and cook the meat to a medium rare temperature.
- Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine sliced carne asada meat with fajita ingredients (recipe below).
- Zest 1 Sunkist orange over 4 tortillas; heat a pan over high heat and add the tortillas, toast on both sides for about 15-20 seconds each side.
- Add mixture to tortilla and serve.
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil and spices over medium high heat.
- Cook for about 1 minute to toast the spices, add in garlic and jalapeno.
- Stir and cook for another minute, until the garlic and jalapeno are wilted.
- Add the peppers and onions and season with salt and pepper; stir well to incorporate.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and add cilantro and Sunkist orange juice.
- Mix in the sliced carne asada steak and toss together.
Courtesy of Chef Bruce Kalman