5 Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Entrées
- Herb and Lemon Roasted Chicken. To cut more fat from your meal, remove the skin from the chicken. Use a low-sodium chicken broth and top with lemon and herbs!
- Scrumptious Soup. Traditionally soups require a lot of time to develop flavor. This recipe takes just 10 minutes and is packed with flavor! Recipe: 10-Minute Veggie Soup
- Veggie Bean Wrap Around. Wraps are a wonderful vessel for an endless list of fruits and veggies. Adding protein provides a balanced bite that will leave you satisfied. Recipe: Veggie Bean Wrap Around
- Very Veggie Fish. Top fish with veggie-infused sauces such as sautéed peppers, tomatoes, squash, and other summer favorites to add texture, flavor and nutrition! Recipe: Italian Baked Cod
- Frozen Fruits & Veggies. Quick and easy one-pot meals are perfect for summer entertaining so toss a couple of extra bags of frozen fruits and vegetables in your cart. Use these extras to load your soups or salads with a variety of colorful veggies like kale, spinach, peppers, squash, zucchini or corn. You can also add frozen fruits and vegetables to ready-to-eat entrées such as soups, pre-made side dishes, or all-in-one meals; this is an easy way to increase texture, color, and nutrition!
5 Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Side Dishes & Desserts
- Greek Whole Wheat Couscous. Couscous is a type of pasta, not a grain. It’s very versatile and can be served hot or cold. Try our Greek Whole Wheat Couscous.
- Grapes and Grains. Sweet and succulent grapes provide bursts of flavor in this chilled side dish. Recipe: Grapes and Grains
- Minted Green Beans w/Red Onion. Onion, mint and Dijon mustard add extraordinary flavor to these beans while adding virtually no calories or fat. Recipe: Minted Green Beans w/Red Onion
- Symphony of Fruit Pizza. Pizza isn’t just for cheese and pepperoni! Colorful fruits make this a sweet treat. Kids will jump for joy to assemble their own fruit pizzas! Recipe: Fruit Pizza
- Sweet Cobbler. Who doesn’t love apple cobbler? To cut down the calories, try adding all of your favorite fruits with low-fat granola (instead of crust). Recipe: Kiwifruit Cobbler
|Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Dishes & Desserts|
|5 Healthy Dishes Kids Will Love|
Video Center: Fruit & Veggie Selection, Storage, Preparation
Ask The Expert about Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking with Your Kids
Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Dried and 100% Juice: It All Matters
Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Database