10. Kiwi Cobbler! Mix refreshing kiwi with brown sugar, lemon, flour, whole-grain muffin mix, and nutmeg for a delicious cobbler! Serve warm with low-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt if desired.
9. Sweet & Simple. To enjoy the fresh taste of kiwi, cut the kiwi in half and use a spoon to scoop out the fresh green fruit. Try eating the skin too—it’s full of fiber!
8. Kiwi Kick-Start. Add a delicious minty-fresh start to your morning! Toss ice, a kiwi, frozen limeade, a little fresh mint and a teaspoon of sugar in a blender … and enjoy.
7. Smoothies. Mix kiwis, bananas and all of your favorite fruits in a blender with ice and low-fat yogurt or skim milk. Add a twist … toss in a few baby spinach leaves for an extra green appearance.
6. An Elegant Garnish. Peel and slice a kiwi. Grill slices on both sides and layer on top of cooked chicken breast for an elegant presentation.
5. Parfait. Layer low-fat yogurt, chopped or sliced kiwi, and low-fat granola in a glass. Top with a layer of honey and nuts for an extra sweet treat!
4. Sweet & Savory. Prepare lean beef, pork or lamb chops as desired (try seasoning with cumin, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon) and top with a kiwi, mango and mint mixture.
3. Zesty Salsa. Make a tropical salsa by combining kiwi with mango, peppers, honey, lime juice and cilantro. Use baked tortilla chips to scoop and enjoy.
2. Jam. Make a delicious and healthy jam by blending kiwis, lemon juice, pineapple juice, apples, and a little sugar. Use as a spread or topping.
1. Kiwi Crunch! Combine sliced kiwi with bananas, grapes, yogurt and citrus juice. Top with granola for a crunchy treat.