10. Melon Soup? Yes Indeed. Enjoy chilled cantaloupe purée with a hint of lime juice and mint in a chilled melon soup. A great choice for those hot summer days!
9. Kebab It! Thread cubes of melon and other favorite fruit on skewers. Serve with a yogurt dip.
8. Melon Salsa. Mix melon with finely chopped red onion, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice for a fresh salsa that pairs well with seafood.
7. Sweet Salad. Cantaloupe is the perfect light and sweet addition to any salad! Try it with butter lettuce and strawberries.
6. Cantaloupe Cooler. Get the kids to help with a simple and refreshing fizzy cooler made with cantaloupe, 100% orange juice, and a small amount of sugar.
5. The Perfect Pyramid. Place a peeled slice of cantaloupe on a plate. Pile on slices of banana and your favorite berries. Top with a scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt or sherbet and a sprinkle with crushed walnuts for a fun dessert you can create with your kids!
4. Smiley Wedges! Clean out the core of the cantaloupe and slice into large smile shaped wedges then simply enjoy … the way nature intended. A great way to get kids to eat more fruit!
3. Summer Salad. Mangos, avocados, and cantaloupe are all in season during the summer! Make a light summer salad by combining these 3 summer fruits with red onion, a splash of 100% orange juice, lime juice and cilantro.
2. Freeze It. Make popsicles by puréeing cantaloupe with a little sugar and a splash of lime juice. Pour into molds and freeze.
1. A Sweet Sauce. Purée cantaloupe, raspberries, honeydew, honey, a small amount of lemon juice and nutmeg to make a delightful topping that goes great over any low-fat pastry, frozen yogurt, or ice cream.