10. Apple Chutney. Swap cranberries out for apples and top our Spicy Apple & Pear Chutney over turkey sandwiches, pork chops, grilled chicken, and more!
9. Applesauce … Smooth or Chunky? Low sugar or sugar-free? With raisins … or cranberries? Just spice it up and make it your own. Watch Applesauce Video
8. Apple Tasting Bar! With all of the varieties of apples available, set up an apple tasting bar and have your kids try as many different varieties that you can find at your local grocery store/market! See what they have to say!
7. Main Dish. Many of your main dishes could benefit from a little apple flavoring. Our Apple Chicken Stir Fry is an unexpected way to enjoy apples and it’s absolutely delicious!
6. Bake ’em! Remove the cores, leaving a ½” of the bottom of the apples. Pour a small amount of brown sugar and butter into the hole. Place the filled apples in an 8″ x 8″ square baking pan then add 3/4 cup of water to the pan. Bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes until tender, not mushy.
5. On the Go. Crunch into a delicious whole apple at snack time, mealtime or anytime at all.
4. Peanut Butter … Need We Say More? Slice and enjoy apples with our delicious Fruity Peanut Butter Dip. Add carrots and celery for more color and variety.
3. Dessert! The kids will love helping out with this one. Check out our Boatloads of Fruit recipe from the Cool Fuel Cookbook for Kids.
2. Apple Dipping Bar. Forget bobbing for apples, try dunking them! Kids will love helping out with this fun Dipping Bar! Watch Apple Dipping Bar Video
1. Fennel & Apple Salad. Combine 1 fennel bulb and 2 cored and cubed apples topped with a citrus vinaigrette for a simple 3-ingredient salad! Also see our apple-filled salad recipes!