- Remove the outer skin from the garlic and shallots. Wash the potatoes, garlic and shallots: rub by hand or scrub with a clean brush while rinsing under running tap water. Dry with a clean cloth towel or paper towel before cutting vegetables.
- Fill a large cooking pot with water, at least 2 inches above the potatoes, and drop in the potatoes. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and allow the potatoes to boil on high heat. Boil until the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Using a colander, drain the potatoes, and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Slice bacon into bite size pieces. Heat the skillet. When hot, add sliced bacon. After handling the bacon, wash your hands and the cutting board with hot, soapy water.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Place the cooked bacon on a paper towel to drain. Remove the skillet from the heat and spoon out half of the leftover bacon grease. Allow the grease to cool and discard.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low. Add 1 teaspoon of butter to the skillet. When the butter is melted, add minced garlic and chopped shallots. Sauté for 20-30 seconds.
- Add tender new potatoes, and turn a few times so the skin of the potatoes is coated with the oil.
- Gently stir the green beans together with the potatoes in the skillet. Season with sea salt and ground black pepper, dried parsley and rosemary. Crumble the cooked bacon on top of the mixture. Continue heating and stir occasionally until a food thermometer reads 165 ºF and the dish is steaming. Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in shallow containers within 2 hours of serving. Leftovers will last in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Mihic.