Even confirmed breakfast skippers will find time to enjoy these delicious fruit topped waffles.
- Drain the peaches reserving 1 cup of juice.
- Pour the juice into a small saucepan, set the peaches aside.
- Add the cornstarch and cinnamon to the juice, stirring until blended and smooth.
- Cook over MEDIUM-HIGH heat stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Toast waffles and keep warm.
- Carefully mix the banana slices with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- In a large bowl, combine the banana slices, drained peaches, and grapes with the juice mixture.
- Place a waffle on each plate and top with equal portions of the fruit mixture.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.