Spring is the perfect time to enjoy lighter weeknight meals with simple recipes and bold flavors. For this fresh take on lettuce wraps, lettuce leaves are filled with flavorful ground pork, crunchy Del Monte corn and pickled veggies for a delicious wrap. Complete the meal with a side of cilantro rice and garnish with fresh herbs and sliced lime.
- Combine rice, 1 ¼ cups water and ¼ tsp. salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to lowest setting, cover, and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup cilantro when rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, sugar and 1 ¼ tsp. salt together in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add carrots, cucumber, ¼ cup cilantro, mint and jalapeño; toss to combine. Set aside, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, onion, ginger and garlic and cook 6 to 8 minutes, until no longer pink inside (165°F internal temperature) larger pieces and starting to brown, breaking up the meat into small pieces. Meanwhile, separate the lettuce leaves, wash and dry; set aside.
- Add corn and soy sauce to pork in a skillet and cook until corn is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the pork mixture into the lettuce leaves and top with the pickled vegetables. Serve with cilantro rice on the side.