Avocados contain a flavor compound that mimics the smoky flavor in bacon, which makes avocados a perfect flavor pairing for eggs. This recipe can be made is less than 20 minutes, making it a great weeknight “breakfast for dinner” option or a weekend brunch dish you’ll make week after week.
- In a large sauté pan heat oil and add potatoes.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally for 8-9 minutes.
- Add onions and red pepper flakes.
- Continue to cook for another 6-7 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, and salt.
- In another large sauté pan cook eggs sunny side up in butter, season with salt and pepper.
- Divide avocado hash among four plates or shallow bowls and top each portion with two eggs.
- Garnish with radishes and microgreens.
Certified Master Chef Ron DeSantis of CulinaryNXT and Amy Myrdal Miller, MS, RD, FAND
Sponsored by Del Monte Fresh and Egg Nutrition Center