Chili is a great vehicle for using up what you have on hand. Maybe you have leftover roasted veggies from dinner earlier in the week or some half-used bags of frozen veggies? They all can be used! You truly can use all forms of produce in chili since it’s a dish that has many layers of flavor and textures rolled into one.
Here are a few ideas to get you started to add more veggies into your next pot of chili:
- Slice up carrots into “coins” for a fun, kid-friendly addition
- Throw in a few handfuls of frozen corn
- Add canned pumpkin – especially if you have a partially used can from baking!
- Pour in some apple cider instead of stock or water to add a deep Fall flavor
- Raisins or dried cherries can add a nice sweetness and different texture