If you are on Instagram you have probably seen Smoothie Bowls! Not only are they beautiful, but these bowls can also pack a powerful punch of nutrients for any time of day. Fruits and veggies steal the show by adding antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. These visually appealing treats are fun and tasty. It’s super easy to create your own at home!
How To Create a Smoothie Bowl: 10 Steps
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Bowls, Spoon.
- Blender Ingredients: Use less liquid than a traditional smoothie, add thickening ingredients, and make sure you have a good protein source and a healthy fat source. (You need fat in your diet to absorb all the great nutrients from fruits and veggies.)
- Liquid: 100% fruit juice or vegetable juice, milk, soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk.
- Fruits and/or Vegetables: Frozen banana, strawberries, mango, pineapple, peaches, wild blueberries, raspberries, baby spinach, kale, cucumber, pumpkin puree, roasted beets.
- Good Fats: Peanut butter, nut butters, avocado, whole milk or 2% fat yogurt.
- Thickeners: Chia seeds, Greek yogurt, banana.
- Protein: Milk, yogurt, nuts, peanut butter, nut butters, cottage cheese, protein powder.
- Topping Ingredients: Whole grain cereal, nuts, chia seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, coconut chips, fresh fruit, dried fruit, crumbled graham crackers.
- Combine blender ingredients until smooth and then decorate with your favorite toppers.