With the new year approaching, we often think of goal setting, with resolutions often involving eating better. While waiting until January 1 isn’t a bad idea, why not start now and put a different spin on NYE by incorporating mouth-watering appetizers and cocktails…made with gorgeous fruits and veggies? Hear me out, I don’t mean you have to have a plain jane fruit and veggie tray sitting out; bring your party to life by incorporating fantastic flavors all night long! Here are my top six picks for a NYE party to remember:
- Cowboy Caviar – Who doesn’t love this favorite? Add a little crunch by using tortilla or bean chips to dip in this savory and sweet dip that will be sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta and Sage Crostini– This is a classic at my house that I keep going back to. Not only is this recipe super easy, but it also looks fancy, so partygoers will think you went out of your way to put these together.
- Caulinachos – You may be wondering why you would replace tortilla chips with roasted cauliflower in nachos. Listen to me when I say roasted cauliflower topped with melted cheese and all of your other nacho dreams toppings is SO DELICIOUS.
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese – I’ve talked about this mac and cheese recipe a time or two before and for good reason. Throw this recipe in a crock pot and you have a hearty (and nutritious!) dish that will be the talk of NYE.
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Brownies – Now it wouldn’t be a party without chocolate, right? These delicious chewy brownies will be a hit and it will be up to you if you want to share the secret ingredient or not.
- Blueberry Pomegranate Mojito – What would NYE be without a specialty cocktail/mocktail? If you’re like me, you will be pretending you are in warmer weather with this tasty drink.
BONUS! Need an easy recipe for New Year’s Day morning? Assemble this Apple Cranberry Oatmeal Bake ahead of time and pop in the oven January 1 to start your year off right!
Enjoy celebrating all the goodness that 2022 brought and have fun ringing in the new year!