Andrew Dole, RDN, CEC
Everyday Chef, Fruits & Veggies—More Matters
Chef Andrew Dole creates a spicy eggplant dish that’s FODMAP friendly but certainly delicious for all who indulge! Check out this easy to follow step-by-step video. Enjoy!
1 Jalapenos, stemmed, deseeded
½ Cup Bell Pepper, sm. dice
1 Tbsp Shallot, minced
¼ Cup Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp Brown Rice Syrup
1 Cup Grapes, halved
½ Cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
Salt & Pepper
Oven @ 425°F
1. Lightly coat eggplant with oil. Season with S&P.
2. Place on baking sheet and roast @ 425°F, turning frequently until caramelized and brown.
3. In sauté pan add ½ Tbsp olive oil and bring to med heat.
4. Add red pepper, jalapeno, and shallot. Sweat for 2-3 minutes – just enough to soften the exterior.
5. Pour vinegar into sauté pan and mix with vegetables. Immediately add honey and stir to mix well.
6. Mix grapes, eggplant, and tomatoes into sauté pan and mix well. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
7. Remove from heat. Season to taste with S&P.
4 Ways to Serve Spicy Eggplant
- Can be served hot or cold.
- Makes a great relish for breads.
- Can be mixed into rice or your favorite grain.
- Works well served on top of fresh salad greens.
Photo Credit: Andrew Dole