Scarlet Pearl Tomato Sauce
- Combine tomatoes, shallots, garlic in a bowl.
- Season with oil, salt and pepper, and herbs.
- Lay out on sheet pan and cook in oven at 325°F for 20 minutes.
- Add cooked vegetable mixture to a sauce pan.
- Add tomato juice and vinegar.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add mixture to a blender and blend until a smooth sauce consistency is achieved.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Vegetarian Eggplant Cakes
- Small dice all chill vegetables and combine in stainless steel bowl.
- Add basil, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cracked egg and parmesan cheese.
- Thoroughly mix by hand.
- Add panko breadcrumb until mixture stiffens and can be formed into cakes.
- Sear cakes in hot pan with olive oil until golden brown in color.
- Transfer to a 350°F oven.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until cakes are hot and cooked through.
- Serve with Scarlet Pearl Tomato Sauce and accompaniments of choice.
Recipe courtesy of Culinary Team USA Member – Matthew Seasock, CEC for Red Sun Farms.