- In a 2-quart saucepan over high heat, heat crushed tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Over high heat, heat to boiling: reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered, 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 12” by 8” baking dish. In medium bowl combine ricotta cheese and egg until well mixed.
- Spoon some tomato sauce on bottom of dish to coat. Place 3 uncooked noodles lengthwise across the pan.
- Top with ⅓ of tomato sauce. With a spatula, spread ⅓ of ricotta mixture. Scatter ⅓ of carrots and spinach on ricotta and ⅓ of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with uncooked noodles, tomato sauce, ricotta, vegetables and mozzarella two more times. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover dish with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover dish; bake 10 minutes longer. Let cool before cutting.
Recipe courtesy of Cans Get You Cooking.