Put a grown-up twist on a childhood favorite! With puréed veggies mixed into yummy cheese sauce, this dish will trick your senses in the best way.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rub or spray the inside of a large casserole dish with olive oil or butter.
- To cook sweetpotato, boil a pot of water and add sweetpotato. Cook until tender, 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, you can microwave for 5-7 minutes, or until soft.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions (but keep al dente). While pasta is cooking, saute kale in olive oil with spices for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly wilted.
- Drain cooked pasta and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, add pasta, mashed sweetpotatoes, spices and kale to medium bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and cheese and add to pasta and sweetpotato mixture.
- Mix well and add to large casserole dish, reserving extra cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese has melted and top begins to brown.