- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the walnuts and toast while stirring occasionally until desired brownness, about 2 ½ minutes. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop the walnuts.
- In a mixing bowl, add the Neufchâtel, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper and blend with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Fold in the strawberries, then the walnuts.
- With a flexible spatula, spread about ½ cup filling over each tortilla, like it’s a pizza crust. Roll each up tightly.
- Slice about ¾-inch off each end of the rolled tortillas. Then slice each rolled tortilla into 6 uniform-size pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- To serve, stand each sliced pinwheel piece on a cut edge, like it’s sushi; splatter with balsamic glaze; top with microgreens; and, if desired, sprinkle with additional black pepper.
By Jackie Newgent, RDN, CDN