- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 ¼ cups pasta water for later use. Coat pasta with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and set aside.
- Place ¼ cup olive oil in the large pot on medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds. Add pasta back in to the stock pot, then the pasta water and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from the heat and stir in the beaten egg yolks until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in peas and half the Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt, black pepper and lemon zest and juice, to taste. Remove from heat and place in bowls.
- Garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Pasta Cooking Tips:
- Use a gallon of water per pound of pasta
- Heavily salt the water (this keeps the pasta from sticking together)
- Make sure the water is at a rolling boil before adding the pasta
- Toss the pasta in the sauce or olive oil immediately after draining